Q. What is the nursing scope of practice and where do I find information about it?
Hanna Schmillen, our health sciences librarian, offers the suggestions below.
What is it?
- Nursing Scope of Practice refers to how your state defines the profession by law. It's most likely listed under the Board of Nursing for your state.
How do I find it?
- I would suggest a smart Google search or simply going to your state's legislative website and do a search for: nursing practice.
- Smart Google Search--> site:.gov (Kentucky AND (nursing practice))
- Only searching websites that end in .gov (government websites) for Kentucky AND nursing practice.
- If you need peer-reviewed articles about your state and its nursing scope of practice, search ArticlesPlus (the default search on the library's homepage) for your state and nursing practice. For this assignment be SURE you need peer-review articles because government documents will be the best place to find this information.
Was this helpful? 0 0