Q. How do I find a textbook for my class?
While the Ohio University Libraries do not own a copy of all books required for classes, your book may be on reserve, available on the shelf, available as an e-book or available through OhioLINK. .
Text directions to find textbooks for your class:
- From the library home page, click on course reserves
- Enter your course code and number
- Most items on reserve will be available at the fourth floor service desk; make sure to bring your ID for checkout
- If your book is not on reserve, go back to the library home page, and search for the title of your book (probably on your syllabus) using the ALICE title search.
- If you find a copy available in the library, make sure to write down the call number so that you can find the book on the shelf.
- If the OU Libraries do not have a copy of your book, or all of our copies are checked out, use the Search OhioLINK button to see if another school in Ohio has a copy of your book..
- As long as there is a copy in Ohio Link that is listed as Available, you can use the Request this Itemlink to request that the item be sent here.
- You’ll be asked to choose your school — pick Ohio University from the drop down menu– and then enter your name and PID (from your ID card, leaving off the “P”).
- You will receive an email when the item is available for pickup at the fourth floor service desk. You’ll be able to check it out for three weeks, with up to five renewals (use Your Library Record to renew). Please note, however, that the school that owns the book can put a hold on the book, preventing you from renewing it, and possibly requiring the book to be returned before the end of the semesterr.
- Remember that if you can’t find what you need, you can always contact us.
Was this helpful? 1 0