Q. How do I find a book by Author's name?
Use Alice, our online catalog, to find books by keyword, author, title, and more.
- Beginning on the library home page use the ALICE search menu. Change the search from keyword to author.
- Enter the name of the author with the last name first. Example: Hardy, Thomas
- The search results may show a number of different authors with the same name. If there are dates listed for the author’s dates of birth and death, they may help you choose the right one. Otherwise, you may have to click on a few different authors to see if they have written the types of books you are looking for.
- To view all the books by an author, click on their name from the search results. The results will show all the books in ALICE where they are listed as an author.
- If you are searching in ALICE and find a book you like, you can also click on the author’s name right in the record to see more books that they have written.
- If you need help locating books by author or any other information, you can always use the OU Libraries’ Ask a Librarian services.
Was this helpful? 0 0